An optimization model for path diveristy protection in IP-over-WDM networks
- Mateusz Dzida,
- Tomasz Śliwiński,
- Michał Zagożdżon,
- Włodzimierz Ogryczak,
- Michał Pióro
The paper addresses an optimization problem related to flow and link capacity design in resilient two-layer networks. The considered problem assumes that each link established in the upper layer is supported by a single path in the lower layer, and that traffic demands are protected by path diversification in the upper layer. Two mixed-integer programming formulations of this problem are presented and discussed. Since direct resolving of these formulations requires pre-selection of “good” candidate paths in the upper layer, the paper presents an alternative approach which is based on decomposing the resolution process into two phases, resolved iteratively. The first phase subproblem is related to designing lower layer path-flows that provide the capacities for the (logical) links of the upper layer. The second phase is designing the flow patterns in the upper layer protected through path diversification. In this phase we take into account multiple failures of the logical links (so called shared risk link groups) that result from single failures of the lower layer links. The effectiveness of the proposed two-phase method is illustrated with numerical examples.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Scutellà Maria Grazia Maria Grazia Scutellà (eds.): Proc. of the International Network Optimization Conference INOC 2009, 2009, Pisa, Italy, University of Pisa, 440 p.
- Keywords in English
- network design, two-layer network optimization, resilient routing, path diversity
- http://www.di.unipi.it/optimize/Events/proceedings/T/B/3/TB3-4.pdf Opening in a new tab
- Project (archive)
- European Network of the Future: Anticipating the Network of the Future - From Theory to Design. Project leader: Pióro Michał, +48 22 234 73 83, start date 01-01-2008, end date 30-06-2012, IT/2008/7PR/05, CompletedWEiTI7 Framework Programme (7 FP) [7 Program Ramowy (7 PR)]
- (en) English
- File: 1
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.