An experimental case study to applying mutation analysis for SQL queries
- Anna Derezińska
This paper is devoted to evaluation of mutation operators of SQL queries that retrieve information from a database. The operators mimic various faults of the queries that are syntactically correct but produce results unintended by the developers. A case study applies the SQL mutation operators to typical queries commonly used in programs cooperating with a real database implemented in an insurance company. The experimental results of the mutation testing and performance measures are provided. Usability of operators was validated comparing distribution of generated mutants, ability to detect mutants by tests and execution times of mutants.
- Record ID
- Ganzha Maria, Maria Ganzha Paprzycki Marcin Marcin Paprzycki (eds.): Proceedings of the International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Technology, vol. 4, 2009, 10662 Los Vaqueros Circle Los Alamitos, CA 90720 USA, IEEE Computer Society Press, 784 p., ISBN 978-83-60810-22-4
- DOI:10.1109/IMCSIT.2009.5352785 Opening in a new tab
- Project (archive)
- Developing a methodology of evaluating computer system reliability and performance. Project leader: Sosnowski Janusz, +48 22 234 79 15, start date 08-10-2007, end date 07-10-2010, II/2007/M/1, CompletedWEiTIProjekty finansowane przez MNiSW
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 4; = 19
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.