RF Carrier Frequency Selection for Incoherent MIMO Transmission Over MM Fibers
- Jerzy Siuzdak
In this paper, incoherent multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) systems operating over multimode fiber are analyzed theoretically. In particular, investigated is the influence of selection of the RF carrier frequency and other system parameters on the value of SNR at the MIMO receiver. It is shown that the RF carrier frequency should be greater than the baseband (3 dB) frequency. Furthermore, it is proved that the MIMO channel SNR reduction is smaller if the mode groups used for communication between transmitter/receiver pairs are different.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Journal of Lightwave Technology
- Issue year
- Keywords in English
- Data transmission, MIMO system, multimode fiber, SNR.
- DOI:10.1109/JLT.2009.2028164 Opening in a new tab
- http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5170048 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- : 2009 = 2.185 (2) - 2009=2.598 (5); = 15; = 21; = 18; = 22
- Citation count
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.