Online impairments-aware routing within a path computation element
- Fernando Solano Donado,
- Mateusz Wojciech Żotkiewicz,
- Michał Pióro
A Path Computation Element (PCE) is a computing device in a network capable of calculating paths. Once a PCE receives a path computation request, the PCE is suppose to provide a response within a reasonable short time. However, computing a feasible path is not a straightforward task, since the computational problem must consider several constraints in a short time. In this paper we propose an algorithm for light-paths computation for this purpose that is intended to comply with the PCE standard. Our algorithm considers optical impairments, wavelength conversion and nodes with limited switching capabilities. Optical impairments are estimated using a Q-factor. The routing problem is solved using Multi-Constrained Shortest Path exact algorithm.
- Record ID
- Matthews Michael Michael Matthews (eds.): 43rd Annual Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 2009, Pacific Grove, California, USA, IEEE, 3452 p., ISBN 978-1-4244-5825-7
- DOI:10.1109/ACSSC.2009.5470051 Opening in a new tab
- http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5470051 Opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- File: 1
- Score (nominal)
- Publication indicators
- = 0
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.